As you can see I have now started on the carpet and chairs. Still using my no.1 brush cad red mixed with white was used for the edge of the carpet. Leaving it to dry I then painted the wigglely lines of the carpet pattern with almost random strokes of watered down cobalt blue. After another drying period cad red mixed with cad yellow and white were applied in a similar fashion to add to the pattern.
The centre area of the carpet was painted in alizarin crimson with raw umber for the shadows.
The sofa on the right received a pale coat of sap green mixed with white after wetting the area first using a no.5 brush. Once dry I painted the shades using sap green mixed with a touch of raw umber on a no.1 brush.
The different shades of pink and brown of the chair patterns went in next. A steady hand was required to keep the lines reasonably straight with a no.1 brush. The pink consists of grades of cad red and white with alizarin crimson added for the darker shades. Further darks were created by adding raw umber. The matching sofa cushions were created in much the same way.
The woodwork of the chairs at the back was painted with yellow ochre while I used various grades of raw umber for the chair in the front on the left with highlights of yellow ochre. The white upholstery of the two chairs on the left was created with a watered down mix of cobalt blue, raw umber and Chinese white to arrive at a very pale grey leaving the paper to show through for the highlighted areas.
To be continued.