Here is part 5 of my commission of a river estuary painting.
Before I could work on the details of the trees I had to model the sky. A mix of cerulean and cobalt blue with white gave me the base colour. This was laid in with a wide bristle brush. The clouds were formed with much more white going into the mix applying circular movements with a smaller brush.
Next I would work on the background trees. I used lemon yellow and ultramarine blue adding burnt sienna to break the tone for the darker greens. The very dark greens also saw some Prussian blue go into the mix. More lemon yellow was added for the lighter areas. These had to go to the right, the same as the clouds since that is where the light was coming from. I shaped the trees by stippling layer upon layer of different shades of green to achieve the desired effect.
Again I sent the image to my customer to let him know about the progress and give him a chance to comment on any changes that he might want.
I´ll post the next steps asap.
If you want to contact me personally please click here.
We are looking forward to your comments or you may prefer just to click on the LIKE button below.